Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tornado hits Edmond oklahoma

Yep thats were I live....I had just barely gotten home, I turned on my t.v and there they were saying the tornado is going towards penn and 150th st. I live on Penn and 157th. Its pretty crazy when you see your street on the news with a huge red circle showing that its coming towards your house!! I was excited, scared, shocked, all i wanted to do was go outside to watch it. I was taking pics when the rain started pooring, then came huge hail and I decided to go in the house. walking from my back door to my bathroom the tornado hit, I felt it shake my house It was really loud, I went in the bathroom then my power went off and it was over. it took about 1 or 2 min then it was done. it got quiet and the wind stopped.The rest of the night we had hail and awsome lightning storms. L brought us home pizza. we ate pizza and played hungry hippo by candle light:0) It was quite an exciting adventure. The next day I actually watched footage of it, It was pretty sureal seeing it and knowing we were in it.I think I will take it more seriously next time. Nothing for us was damaged, behind our fence there was a ton of fences gone trampolines and yard chairs were every where. but The craziest sight ( I wish I got a picture of it) right on our street there were a ton of power lines down like dominoes. it took them a week to get it all fixed.
welcome to oklahoma a tornado is coming down your street..... nice
and I hear it just the beginning ( its not even tornado season yet)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome in a demented sort of way (and yes, I'm that way)! I'm glad nothing bad happened to you guys or your house. You should keep a tornado log. Like a journal, but just dedicated to tornado experiences. Maybe Hope will grow up to be a storm chaser or something cool like that. You have to record the size of the 'nados though. F-whatever. You know? Although, that gives even more weight to Ray never wanting to visit you guys in Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete